We’re committed to safe work environments.
Whether we’re building a temporary scaffolding structure 150 feet in the air or working to repair siding on an industrial structure, in our business, every project comes with dangers. As a result, Classic Industrial Services is committed to ensuring that our workers are well-trained and proper protocols are in place to protect them on the job.
All of our supervisors are OSHA 30 and CPR/First Aid trained and each work day is started with a Safety Task Meeting and Stretching. In addition, we hold weekly Safety Toolbox Trainings for each employee, and we use standardized videos and training sessions to ensure all employees are getting the same high level of training they need.
Our safety record
Our dedication to the safety of our employees and job sites earned us a .63 EMR in 2013 and 2014 and .66 in 2012, which are well below the national average of 1.0. This means our safety record and potential for future incidents is nearly 40 percent lower than our peers. This low rate allows us to secure lower insurance premiums than other companies, and we’re able to pass those savings on to our loyal customers.
|Experience Modification Rate
Classic Industrial has received a number of industry awards in recent years, including:
|API Steps Award||2011|
|Tops FCURT Award||2011|
|ABC Steps Gold Award||2011|
|APi X Cup Award||2011|
|2012 Southern Company Triangle Award||2012|
|ABC Steps Platinum Award||2013|
|ABC Steps Diamond Award||2014|
|CURT Honarable Mention Safety Award||2014|
- All supervision are OSHA 30 and CPR/First Aid Trained
- Increased Competent Person Training for eligible employees
- Classic has bettered the quality of training over the last 3 years through development and implementation of standardized videos and training sessions to ensure each employee is given the same quality training.
- Classic continuously researches and implements better quality PPE and equipment for increased comfort and safety.
- Each Day is started with a Safety Task Meeting and Stretching
- Recently new developed safety incentive program to increase employee's responsibility and interaction with their own Safety.
- Annual Supervisor meeting to review and implement new safety practices.
- Third party triage nurses used to reduce and control recordable injuries.
- Weekly Toolbox Training for each employee
- Monthly Claim reviews